Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bernard Pivot Blogfest! Yes, the French are confounding

Check out Nicole's blog for the Bernard Pivot details and participants!

What is your favorite word?
Cookie. Give me. Now.

What is your least favorite word?
Poop. I shudder...

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Words. Words other than "poop".

What turns you off?
I won't say it.

What is your favorite curse word?
I like to pretend I don't curse.

What sound or noise do you love?
Baby burbles, currently as performed by the Vampire Infant.

What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of my alarm clock. Dear God.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Well, do you mean besides being a novelist? Hmmm. Well, I'm fascinated by physiotherapy and virology. Maybe something along those lines.

What profession would you not like to do?
Carrot factory worker. Or riding an ice cream bike. Been there, done that.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Well, I'll let you in despite all that."

21 comments:

Summer Ross said...

great answers to the questions specially number 10

Jen said...

These are some of the best answers I've come across in this blogfest. Now, I'm curious...a carrot factory worker. Hmm...

Cheers!
Jen

Emily White said...

Ahaha! Great answers!

Laura M. Campbell said...

To be let into Heaven despite everything one has done? Perfect. Hilarious answers. I'm most intrigued by the vampire baby.

Unknown said...

LOL, God's going to say something like that to me, too! And what's up with baby carrots? Seriously, they're just normal-sized carrots that have been whittled down. And yet people pay more for them. Dupped!

Thanks so much for playing along!!

Unknown said...

I've never seen any openings advertised for operative in the carrot factories. I love words and baby burbles too :)

Anonymous said...

Really fun. Love your answers, especially the vampire infant and carrot factory. Interesting... About baby carrots...those wee ones are tasty, but we prefer "man carrots" as my husband likes to refer to them... Tangent, I'm sorry...

J.L. Campbell said...

Hate the alarm clocks racket too! What does one do in a carrot factory? Is there really, really such a place? :D

Kari Marie said...

I love that you like to pretend you don't curse and I second your hatred of the alarm clock.

Kristin Rae said...

COOKIE!! You rode an ice cream bike?? I think this demands a longer post!

Anonymous said...

I miss the sound of baby burbles. Now, all I hear, is "Mommy... this. Mommy...that."

DL Hammons said...

I pretend that jelly donuts don't make me fat either. :)

Corinne O said...

ice cream bike driver = awesome. I too am intrigued by the turn off mystery and the vampire baby. ;)

Great list!
Corinne

Nate Wilson said...

Carrot factory worker? Wow. Only in Canada are carrots grown in factories; here in the U.S. they're brought by stork.

Bryan Russell said...

There was some sort of labour dispute with the storks, so they went industrial.

Matthew MacNish said...

Seems neither of us like waking up, my friend.

Bryan Russell said...

I shall retire some day, and on that day the clock shall meet its DOOM.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Carrot factory? Is that where the bunnies work?
Thanks for sharing your answers.

HowLynnTime said...

Good thing you had one of my get out of hell free cards, here take an extra....you never know.

Paul Joseph said...

I have to agree; alarm clocks are most definitely the worst sound ever. Good post - enjoyed learning more about you. And thanks for keeping me entertained during a numbing Saturday at work.

Deniz Bevan said...

Carrot factory? Just carrots? What about peas and potatoes? [g]
Mmm, cookies...