Happy New Year!
Even though New Year's and I get along like this:
Get too close, New Year's, and I won't be paying the medical bills.
So! Yes! We shall enter this newest of years biting and scratching! In honor of said bites and scraches there shall be resolutions!
1. Reduce coffee intake. Your excessive caffeine vibrations are damaging the furniture.
2. Finish editing WIP. At least to the point where some paid professional has further advice.
3. Finish revising sequel. Which is better than the original, so it would be a terrible shame if no one decides to publish said original.
4. Finish revising Lit novel. Okay, I'm already getting tired.
5. Rewrite other Lit novel. Keep awesome parts. Add more awesome parts. Cut the shitty parts, particularly the ones that don't make any sense. Keep cool chapter titles. Ignore growing weariness and fatigue. Up vitamin intake. Perhaps start disregarding resolution number 1.
6. Write new novel. Oh the glory! I like writing first drafts of novels. One must be done this year. Or... piranhas will eat my head. *piranhas must pay for all travel costs and accomodations and arrive on their own convenience and the writer of this blog will hold no responsibility for failure of said piranhas to arrive and eat his head in a timely manner upon failure of meeting the demands of resolution number 6
7. Occasionally get off chair and run, so as to prevent complete atrophy of all major muscle groups outside the fingers. Do Terry Fox run in autumn. Lie to self and pretend that self will one day run a marathon.
7. Do not ignore children for too long. Check for spores, molds and fungi at regular intervals.
8. Read more fantasy this year. The time has come. The prophecy foretells the coming of a voracious reader in old sweat pants...
9. Read more crime novels. Dead people are strangely soothing. Go figure.
10. Keep writing flash fiction as an attempt at stopping uncontrollable wordiness. Try to actually meet own flash fiction standards of length as posted. Let yourself drink one (1) coffee every time this is accomplished. Bunches of one-word "stories" whose sole meaning of existence is to garner mugs of coffee shall be disqualified.
Let us now sound the trumpets, bare our claws, and meet the new year head on. Hamstringing it from behind is also acceptable behaviour, so my cats tell me. Go forth. But multiply, you know, only if you want to.