Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Alchemical Transformation - From Interviewer to Interviewee

I love interviews with writers.

I love reading them, and would recommend that every writer reads the Paris Review Interviews, Volumes 1 to 4. (Must read! Must read! Must read!) And I've also enjoyed intervieweing writers, both on my blog and elsewhere (including a wonderful one I had published with the Canadian writer Daphne Marlatt). I'm endlessly fascinated about the uniqueness of each writer, and also with the common bonds that tie us together in this strange and interesting pursuit.

But, recently, and for the first time, someone interviewed me. Very strange! Odd to wear the other hat, as it were. And it was also a fun experience, and I want to thank Doug Morrison for the opportunity. If anyone's interested, you can find it here.

And check out some of the other interviews while you're there: writers like Dale Brown, Tawna Fenske, Kennedy Foster, Sean Ferrell, Robin Becker and Brian Haig, as well as other industry experts.

4 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Hmm. Okay. On my way ...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Feels weird to be on the other side, doesn't it?

Bryan Russell said...

It does, it does...

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

It is funny, isn't it? But you'll have to get used to the fame and stardom - there's more to come, for sure. ;)